Looking to update your Gold Coast holiday rental property? Look no further than vinyl flooring . It’s the popular, cost effective way to keep your property low maintenance while looking a million bucks. With the ultimate social, seaside lifestyle, vinyl floors really do make sense for Gold Coast properties.
What’s so great about vinyl?
Vinyl flooring has soared in popularity in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. In days gone by, vinyl flooring copped a bad rap and people shelved it in favour of carpet or wood finishing. Previous concerns like adverse environmental impacts and vinyl being aesthetically inferior have been addressed now that material technologies have advanced. Also, government initiatives have developed recycling programs specifically for vinyl products. It really is an ‘all new’ product that’s hitting the markets right now, and interior designers are loving it!
Pros of using vinyl
Thanks to advances in manufacturing technology, there is a range of advantages to using vinyl flooring over carpet or other traditional flooring types.
- It’s affordable while still being comfortable under foot.
- It’s durable and stands up well to heavy foot traffic. This makes it perfect for hallways, living rooms, and kitchens.
- It’s so easy to clean and maintain, and it won’t harbour bacteria. This means that it’s perfect for Gold Coast holiday properties where sand and salt water are regularly on the floor. It’s also great for protecting your property against excitable children or pets.
- It’s super safe, as it’s chemical and fire resistant.
- Vinyl reduces noise levels, compared to echoing wood flooring, for example. This makes it handy for holiday units with multiple occupants.
- It’s available in a broad range of colours and patterns to match every décor and style, including bold block colours, retro prints and wood grains.
So for a fraction of what you’d pay for carpet or a wood floor, you can have an easy to clean, fire resistant and sound reducing floor in an amazing range of styles and designs. Convinced yet? We’re not done! Now that you’ve read about the practical stuff, it’s on to vinyl’s aesthetics.
Types and styles
Polyvinyl chloride or vinyl is so versatile and comes in so many varieties, you’ll wonder why you’ve taken so long to come to the party. Its manufactured in roll, tile and plank form. They range from easy do-it-yourself residential solutions through to technically advanced solutions for labs and hospitals.
The most common types used in residential properties include:
- Sheet flooring, where the material is laid in 6 or 12 feet wide sheets;
- Tile flooring, which uses tiles of 9 x 9 inches or 12 x 12 inches.
Sheet flooring is more water resistant and is easier to install, while the tile flooring replicates the look of ceramic tiles and is more affordable. There’s something to suit every taste and budget as well as the particular uses or clients you have in mind for your property.
Once you’ve chosen the type of vinyl flooring that would work best, it’s on to the fun bit – the style! Thanks to new and improved coatings and surface treatments, there are so many amazing design possibilities available.
There’s never been a better time to custom design your floor. You can add accent colours to standard visuals, or choose a timber, concrete or even distressed metal style. The new generation finishes have also resulted in more realistic timber and ceramic design looks. You can get an amazing looking floor for a fraction of the price! Who wouldn’t jump on that?!
For all your high quality flooring solutions, you can’t go past Ashmore Carpets! We’re certain to have the right vinyl floors for your Gold Coast property. Contact us today online or on 07 5526 8611 to get the ball rolling on transforming your property!
Considering vinyl floors for your Gold Coast property? You can’t go past Ashmore Carpets for all your flooring needs!