Gold Coast Marine Carpet FAQs
Marine carpet is a special type of carpet designed for use in marine environments. It’s often used in boats due to its water-resistant properties, UV protection, and durability.
Marine carpet differs from other Gold Coast carpets in several ways. Most are based on how it’s designed. For example:
- It can withstand harsh marine conditions like exposure to saltwater and the sun
- Its UV-resistant properties exceed regular carpets. This means it’s less prone to effects like fading.
- It’s less prone to mould and mildew growth– making it perfect for marine environments.
Marine carpet offers numerous benefits.
- It provides a non-slip surface, critical for safety in wet conditions on a boat or in other outdoor settings.
- UV resistance ensures it retains its colour despite sun exposure.
- Water resistance prevents it from becoming saturated and heavy.
- Marine carpet is also highly durable and designed to withstand heavy foot traffic.
Marine carpet is for use in boats, yachts, and other marine environments. But in saying that, it can also be an excellent choice for various commercial venues. Some examples include retail stores, hospitality settings, and leisure centres.
It’s durability, stain resistance, and non-slip properties are used in residential spaces too. Some examples include outdoor spaces, decks, pool areas, or even basements.
Taking care of your marine carpet is relatively straightforward. Regular vacuuming can help keep it clean and free of debris. For stains, a mild detergent and warm water can often do the trick.
It’s also recommended to rinse the carpet with fresh water every now and then. This is particularly important if it’s used in a saltwater environment to prevent salt build-up.
Choosing Ashmore Carpets for your Gold Coast marine carpets means choosing:
- a local, family-owned business with over 40 years of experience
- access to high-quality products from leading carpet manufacturers
- an experienced team who can help from product selection to install
With Ashmore Carpets, you’re in good hands.